Although I profess I do love a Monday.. THIS Monday was made all the more special after doing the obligatory Twitter check first thing, only to find out the fabulous Events Northern Limited had put me forward for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is a blogging award that is based on pure nomination by other Bloggers, so, quite the honor! Now, in order to participate in the award program there are a list of rules! I have copied the rules from my nominator Events Northern Limited. The rules are as follows:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
You mus list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
The questions I need to answer are below. I cannot wait to pay in forward at the end.
When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2007 however started this blog in 2012. I realized that us event managers have a quite a glamorous life with loads of things to write about and me being a geek means I love an excuse to write and thus my blog was born.
Describe your blog?
I try and make my blog about both my professional and personal life as an event manager and try to be truthful about my experiences everyday. I want to bring my personality to my blog so it’s not generic.
What is your favorite color?
Polk-dots are my favorite color
What are your blogging aims for the future?
I would like to keep blogging, producing one or two pieces a week and increase my readership. I would love, one day, to work on my blog full-time but I think that would mean coming out of the field of events and I think you need to live it to be able to write about it?
How do you find inspiration?
Every day. If I am off sick and think it’s a worthy piece to write about event managers and being sick I will. If I am at a networking event for the 3rd time that week and am sick of eating canapes for dinner… I’ll write about that! I write about our everyday world!
What is your ultimate indulgence?
Wine and cheese. But really strong cheese – I can easily do a whole block of Blacksticks Blue! try it – its amazing!
What is your ideal job?
Running my own event & social media company which would also allow me to blog all day long!
How much time do you spend blogging each week?
Perhaps 2 hours or so? My finance and I worked out the best idea the other day. He wanted to watch rugby, I wanted to blog so we took my laptop to the pub, he watched the rugby, I typed away and we were still together!
What is your worst habit?
Being hyperactive. I have too much energy until about 11.00 pm when I pass out but during they day I try to cram so much in and round around so much its exhausting to watch.
Tell us about the best event you have ever been to?
The best event will be this year! I am getting married. Best event so far would have to be a circus event I did at work! I love the whole production and designing the overall theme and this one was epic!
Where is your favorite place in the world?
Eleven random facts about me!
I used to be an International Flight Attendant, I studied Criminology at University, I am getting married this year, I live in Weybridge, I work for Law Firm, my favorite food is ham and cheese toasted sandwiches, I often leave my bike parked in the same spot for months, I hate fizzy drinks, I have 2 sisters, I have 4 parent and my favorite color lipstick is RED!
I am nominating the following blog (Event Planner Evolving) http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/63314681/ and my questions are!
- how did you come to be in event management?
- what are your favorite events to run
- If you weren’t working in events, what would you do?
- where do you live?
- what is your favorite color?
- what is your worst habit?
- who do you admire?
- what time do you wake up each morning?
- whats your favorite medium of social media for events?
- where were you born?
- how many siblings do you have?